It is the policy of National Resources Group Holdings (HK) Ltd. (“the company”) to respect and safeguard the privacy of an individual’s personal data. Compliance with Ordinance is not only the prime objective of the management but also the direct responsibility of every staff member of the Company. The Company shall preserve the confidentiality of all information provided by customers. This policy statement stipulates the purpose of data collection and customer data protection.
The customer has the right to access his personal data and update it whenever appropriate. Customer is advised to take note of the following:
(a) From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply the Company with data in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of credit facilities or installment loans, or provision of other financial services which include but not limited to a personal loan, revolving loan, property mortgage, and property valuation services.
(b) Failure to supply such data may result in the Company being unable to open or continue accounts or establish or continue credit facilities or installment loans or provide other financial services.
(c) It is also the case that data are collected from customers in the ordinary course of the business for the purpose of the processing of new or renewal of loan applications or services either application in person, through telephone, or the internet.
(d) The purpose for which data relating to a customer may be used are as follows:
– application for the loan/credit
– conducting credit checks
– ensuring ongoing credit worthiness of customers
– the daily operation of the services and credit facilities provided to customers
– conducting credit checks at the time of application for credit/loan or special reviews which take place one or more times. The company undertakes these reviews to determine whether your existing loan/credit amount should be increased, decreased or where appropriate remained unchanged
– creating and maintaining the Company’s credit scoring models
– designing financial services or related products for customer’s use
– marketing financial services or related products provided by the Company or selected third party entities or business partners and monitoring the provision, operation, and use of such products or services
– meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on the Company
– comparing data of the customer or other persons for credit checking, data verification or otherwise producing or verifying data, whether or not for the purpose of taking action against the customer
– determining amounts owed to or by customers
– collection of amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customers’ obligations
– purposes relating thereto
(e) Data held by the Company relating to a customer will be kept confidential but the Company may provide such information to the following parties for the purposes set out in paragraph (d):
– any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a group company of the Company which has undertaken to keep such information confidential
– any agent, contractor, or third-party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or securities clearing or other services to the Company in connection with the operation of its business
Credit reference agencies, and, in the event of default, to debt collection agencies
– any person to whom the Company is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on the Company, and
– any actual or proposed assignee of the Company or participant or sub-participant or transferee of the Company’s right in respect of the customer
(f) under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance and the Code of Practice on Consumer Credit Data approved and issued under the Ordinance, any customer has the right:
– to check whether the Company holds data about him and of access to such data
– to require the Company to correct any data relating to him which is inaccurate
– to ascertain the Company’s policies and practice in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by the Company
– to be informed on request which items of data are routinely disclosed to credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies, and be provided with further information to enable the making of an access and correction request to the relevant credit reference agency or debt collection agency
(g) The person to whom requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held are to be addressed to our Data Protection Officer, or call 2893 8188
(h) The Company may have obtained a credit report on the customer from a credit reference agency in considering any application for credit and for a future account review. In the event the customer wishes to access the credit report, the customer may contact the credit reference agency at the following address:
Consumer Relations Department
Suite 1006, Tower 6, The Gateway
9 Canton Road, Tsimshatsui,
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Telephone: 2577 1816 Fax: 25784425
Nothing in this Notice shall limit the rights of customers under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.